The Ikea Tarva series actually includes dressers, a night stand, and beds. But, the dressers are by far the most often hacked from the Tarva line. They are sturdy, unfinished wood dressers. Just a blank canvas waiting for someone with a little bit of imagination to transform it. I originally needed a TV stand for an odd corner nook in our old home. Now, this little dresser serves as extra storage my our front door (paired with a couple of Ikea storage boxes).
1. Green Goodness – I’m loving the simplicity of this transformation, with just a coat of gorgeous green paint and new hardware.
2. Overlay Magic – Apparently, there is a company that designs overlays for drawer fronts. Who knew?! This DIY-er gave an Tarva dresser fresh paint, new legs, and a modern overlay front.
3. Frame and Stain – Adding framed drawer fronts is easier than you may think. Add a weathered stain finish with industrial drawer pulls, and you wouldn’t even recognize this as an Ikea piece.
4. Navy Dream – I’m swooning over this navy paint color… It’s Benjamin Moore Hale Navy. With drawer frames, new feet, and mix-match hardware, this nightstand is totally my style.
5. Apothecary Update – With a bit of routing and a whole lotta new hardware, this Instagrammer turned a simple dresser into her dream apothecary cabinet.
6. Numbered Nightstand – This hack involves the little nightstand version of the Tarva. The floating house number eally makes this piece look custom.
7. Criss Cross – Adding drawer frames and a x-detail on the sides makes this piece feel extra custom.
8. Mid century Makeover – Green paint, new legs, and gold hardware, this mid century makeover is a fun addition to a kid’s room.
9. Coastal Cool – these accents are giving me major coastal vibes. And think about all of that extra storage in those nightstands!
10. Walnut Wonder – This stain makes a plain Tarva dresser look way more expensive than it is!
11. Faux Embossing – Use textured wallpaper to make a faux embossed front drawer panel. And isn’t that emerald paint a dream?
12. Powder Blue – Add a fresh coat of baby blue paint an d leather drawer pulls for an unexpected furniture update.