These days, more and more individuals are trying to find new and exciting uses for their outdoor spaces. Many are using decks and patios for outdoor second living rooms and kitchens, making use of strong and durable wicker furniture to create the perfect areas for entertaining and relaxing.
While these types of outdoor rooms are common, they are not the only options available to you. If you want to think outside the box and create a unique living area outdoors, consider designing a unique and fun outdoor bedroom.
Tips For Designing an Outdoor Bedroom
If you enjoy sleeping under the stars, don’t settle for a tent in the backyard. With the right tools, you can design the perfect outdoor bedroom where you can enjoy a romantic evening on those warm summer nights.
- Cover Your Head- Make sure your patio or outdoor space has a roof. This will protect you from inclement weather. A roof will also help prevent the sun from bearing down on you during your afternoon nap, keeping you safe from sunburns and sun poisoning. It also provides you with shade so your outdoor bedroom remains at a cooler temperature than other open areas of your backyard.
- Create Walls- While you don’t want to completely enclose your outdoor bedroom because, let’s face it, that would ruin the entire point of an outdoor space, you will still want to protect yourself from the sun and bugs. Adding curtains will keep out the sun in the early morning and during the day when you are sleeping. By adding mosquito netting, you can keep out flying insects and prevent bugs from crawling in your bed.
- Flooring- Even though you are outdoors, that does not mean you have to deal with grass, dirt, wood, or concrete under your feet. When you wake up in the morning, wouldn’t it be wonderful if you could step on a comfortable floor? Go barefoot with some outdoor carpet, rubber flooring, or even an outdoor rug.
- Don’t Settle For Just a Bed- You will of course, need a bed in your outdoor bedroom, but try to include other types of furniture as well so this space can truly be comfortable and used for more than just sleeping. Add wicker furniture, like a day bed, sofa, or loveseat. This will allow you to use your bedroom to read your favourite book, chat with your loved ones, or simply sit and watch the sun set.
- Decorate!- Once you have the basic structure of your bedroom set up and your wicker furniture in place, start decorating. Pull in ideas from the outdoors with big planters full of green shrubbery and plants. Use colourful pillows, blankets, throws, and seat cushions to add plenty of variety to your décor. Make sure you also use an outdoor storage bench so you can store these items when you are not using them. Fill your outdoor space with bookshelves, exercise equipment, games, or any other resource that will help you entertain others and thoroughly enjoy your new bedroom.
Individuals who love sleeping outdoors and dream of breathing in the night air will love designing their own outdoor bedroom with wicker furniture. This unique outdoor space is the perfect way to enjoy your backyard for years to come.